Whether your towels are pure white or bright & vibrant, these three tips will help you keep your towels looking at their beautiful best.
- Avoid getting sun creams, cosmetics and hair care products onto your towels. Some creams, cleansers, hair care treatments and even toothpastes contain substances that may bleach or dye your towels. It might be best to use a separate towel for drying your hands, face and hair if you use products containing known bleaching agents, and if you're a fake-tan fan consider avoiding white or pale-coloured towels.
- Always wash your towels separately. Use your washing machine's full-load setting - not half-load setting - to wash them thoroughly.
- Make sure you use the right detergent for your towels. We recommend using liquid or gel detergent on coloured towels and powdered detergent for white towels.
- Be aware that most detergents contain optical brighteners which can fade the colour of your towels over time.
- Stain removers also contain optical brighteners which can discolour fabrics (especially coloured ones) in the areas you use them, resulting in patchy colour.
- Optical brighteners don't remove stains but instead create an optical illusion through the use of chemicals to cover the stain.
- Always follow the usage instructions on any detergent or optical brightener in line with our care labels.
- Finally - whatever colour your towel, keep it feeling at its fluffy best by staying away from fabric conditioner. Learn why here.